Applications of Relief Fund:-
Although The Chief Minister Relief fund provides financial assistance to the people affected by the major natural calamities like flood, drought, fire accident etc.; in addition to natural disasters the fund extends its support to the following purposes:
1. Natural disaster (Deluge, floods and earthquakes, etc.)
2. In cases of ethnic riots and bomb blasts etc., the aid is provided through the various government schemes. However, if the Chief Minister accords his consent, financial Assistance, may be provided to the distressed through the District Collector.
3. It also provides financial assistance to the economically weaker citizens for treatment of major diseases/surgeries.
1. In cases of Natural Disaster:
Chief Ministers Relief Fund aid has been extended for citizens affected by natural calamities irrespective of the State or the Country. E.g.
1. Natural disaster incurred in Ladakh due to Cloud Burst, 2010
2. The flood situation in the state of Jammu and Kashmir, 2014
3. South India earthquake, 2004, the huge waves of tsunami killed lakhs of people in South India, Sri Lanka, Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
4. Gujarat and Orissa Winnie storm disaster in January 2001
5. Flooding disaster incurred due to heavy showers in the state of Maharashtra in 2005
6. severe drought disaster in the state of Maharashtra incurred in the year 2013
7. The flood disaster incurred in the state of Uttarakhand in 2014
8. Huge cloud burst caused landslides and floods in August 2014, at Malin, Ambegaon, Maharashtra
2. In cases of Accidental Death of Family Maker:
2.1 The purpose of Chief Minister Relief Fund is to provide Financial Aid to the citizen or to their legal/legitimate heirs of the citizen affected by any type of Natural Calamity or any type of Accidents, on the grounds of Humanity
2.2 Generally the affected citizen if is not covered under any benefit of Insurance or any other Govt. Schemes; are given financial assistance to the extent of the amount approved by Hon. Chief Minister. However if Hon. Chief Minister Desires, then the person getting benefit from other sources mentioned above may also get the benefit.
2.3 In such cases, the relevant District Collector reference and detailed report is sought and recommendation are presented for approval to the Hon Chief Minister along with the below mentioned compliances:
2.3.1 Police panchanama (FIR)
2.3.2 Post Mortem report
2.3.3 Death certificate.
2.4 The Aid is passed on to the respective District Collectors to ensure the proper disbursements of Funds. No aid is directly provided to the recipient.
2.5 Limits of Financial Assistance in cases of material financial loss;
However, all of the rights to decline and increase in the amount of the subsidy approval of such matters are with the hon. Chief Minister
Documents required are:
1. Collectors report.
2. Estimate of the damage (Certified by Revenue officer)
3. Details of the affected persons financial position.
3 In Cases of medical relief:-
As per the Government Resolution, General Administration Department No: CRF -2001 / CN 197/2001/25, dated 15.11.2001 the aim of the The Chief Minister’s Relief Fund (CMRF) is utilized to render immediate relief to indigent patients for partially supporting treatment for major diseases for major surgery / treatment. Following needs to be provided:
1. Medical expenses Estimate certificate (For Private Hospital Medical Expenses Estimate shall be above Rs.1.00 Lakh and the Estimate shall be countersigned and certified by the Civil Surgeon / Superintendent of Government Hospital)
a. Wherever the hospital is covered under Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayi Yojana (RGJY), the Hospital shall certify that the Applicant is not covered to get medical benefits under the RGJ Yojana.
2. Copy of Maharashtra Ration card / Resident certificate / Aadhar Number
3. The income certificate certified by the Tehsildar (Family Annual Income shall be less than Rs. 1.00 lakhs in the last financial year)
4. Registered Mobile Number
5. MLA / MPs recommendation letter.
6. Hospital Payment details:
6.1 Hospital Bank Account Number
6.2 Bank Name & Branch Name
6.3 Hospital Name as per the Banks’ Records
6.4 I F S C code of the Bank
6.5 Hospital e-mail
7. The Aid is provided once in a slab of 3 years
8. Limits of Medical Relief-